Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Want in on a secret???

Shh, don't tell, but I'm reallllllllly green when it comes to the inking/stamping world. I embossed my first image tonight for an artist trading card swap I'm participating in. I finally finished my first card. I really like how it turned out. I wish I wouldn't have gone so happy with all the glimmer, but I'm pleased still being my first time and all.


I used a cardstock with a similar color to kraft paper, but not kraft paper. I inked it with Distress Ink in Barn Door and Wild Honey. I then filled a Ranger Mini Mister with a tiny bit of gold Perfect Pearls and water and misted it.  I then stamped a little "water mark" bird (sorry I can't remember the stamp) with Distress in Tea Dye. Then I embossed the bird cage (MME Mabel & Grace, given to me by the awesome Kristy Lee) with some gold embossing powder(Hampton Arts,  I think). Almost done,  I stamped the "create" from the same stamp set as the little birdie in Distress Vintage Photo. After punching out the tiny Martha butterflies I inked them with Distress Concord Grape (I believe that's the color) and I swished on some Perfect Pearls in Pewter. Oh, and I went around the edges again with the Grape Distress for a little extra something. Tada! 

1 comment:

  1. Amanda, this looks great. I can't wait to put it up in my carousel.

    ReplyDelete